Cancelled concerts and closed venues mean empty wallets. Those working in arts and culture are particularly affected by the corona crisis. With our new project, “Social Distancing – Musical Approaching”, we hope to give musicians in and around Zurich the opportunity to continue writing music even while in self-imposed isolation – and to earn money doing so.
Do you remember playing that game as a child for which you draw a body part on paper, fold it over, and slide it to the next person until an entire body has been assembled out of different drawings? That’s our model. Our goal: a collective musical collage. It will consist multiple thirty- to sixty-second compositions/performances in video format, which will be combined to a single Gesamtkunstwerk.
The finished collage will be premiered as a movie screening featuring a live performance. When and where this event will take place is yet to be determined, as almost everything for the time being.
One thing is certain, however: each participating musician will receive a payout of CHF 200.00
- You introduce yourself to us by sending a link to a piece composed and performed by you – we listen to these pieces and then choose the participants.
- If you are selected, you will receive the finished composition of another musician. You then have three days to compose your own piece.
- Your piece has to tie into the composition you have received (that is, into its last seconds).
- Your composition must be between 30 and 60 seconds long.
- Once you are done, you send us a video of the composition together with a high-quality audio version and a PDF of the score.
- We pass on your composition to the next musician.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
p.s.: choose whatever musical style you prefer – there are no restrictions.